Oily hair requires an individual approach in the choice of care products. Their main task is to protect the roots from external influences, eliminate the greasy luster, give a well-groomed healthy look to the hair. All these qualities have cosmetic oils. With proper regular use, hair becomes stronger, more resistant to temperature changes due to saturation of curls with necessary moisture.
The unique composition of the cosmetic product penetrates into each hair, saturating it with moisture and useful substances. The tool also has a positive effect on the scalp, nourishing and protecting the hair follicles.
Attention! All oils contain natural multivitamin complexes necessary for normal regulation of the secretion of sebaceous glands on the head.
Choose one or another cosmetic oil should be based on the type, structure of hair, as well as aromatic preferences. Means are used both in pure form and in the manufacture of cosmetic masks.
Due to the light texture, ethereal means do not make even the thinnest curls. Beauticians recommend the use of oil extracts:
- lemon - has a drying effect, adds shine,
- bergamot - normalizes the condition of the scalp, has a therapeutic effect,
- rosemary - regulates the function of the sebaceous glands,
- tea tree - has an antiseptic, sedative effect,
- lavender - fights dandruff, stimulates growth,
- mint - tones, refreshes, betrays radiance and elasticity.
For best results, it is recommended to massage the hair part of the head with an ether extract for half an hour before washing. A few drops of soft movements rubbed into the roots and left alone. After 30 minutes, the hair is washed with shampoo. You can add the product directly to a portion of shampoo. The effect of regular use is not long in coming.
Very effective mask based on several oils. In the base (almond) is added 2 drops of essential oils: cedar, lemon, bergamot, cypress. The duration of the mask is 20 minutes.
Due to the unique composition (95% is allocated to the proportion of saturated fatty acids), this tool perfectly moisturizes and strengthens the hair, giving shine and obedience. No wonder it is so popular among Asian ladies.
The tool is applied in its pure form in the middle and the ends of the hair, avoiding the root zone. Or prepare a mask with him:
- To strengthen: mix 15 ml of the extract with 5 ml of honey and 3-4 drops of ylang-ylang oil, slightly warm, apply for 30 minutes.
- To stimulate growth: mix half a banana with 30 ml of the product and 15 ml of sour cream, apply for half an hour.
- For reconstitution: combine 30 ml of the product and 30 g of sea salt, heat it up to dissolve it, hold on the hair for 1 hour.
The best product for those with weakened greasy hair with a high percentage of hair loss. It is valuable for its extraordinary composition, which has a powerful regenerating, regenerating and stimulating effect. It is enough to use it 1-2 times a week to achieve excellent healthy growth of hair mass.
it can be done in the form of a “hot” mask, when 30 g of the product is heated to a comfortable temperature, applied to the scalp and hair ends, wrapped in a warm towel and left for an hour. Or use another option - a mask for the normalization of the sebaceous glands: to 30 grams of heated oil add yolk and 5 grams of ground pepper. The duration of the mask is 1 hour.
This tool is a storehouse of vitamins and nutrients necessary for the normal functioning of the scalp. The tool has a healing, regenerating and healing effect, nourishes and strengthens the hair follicles, nourishes with moisture.
For greasy hair, sea buckthorn oil is better to use along with herbal decoction, for example, with nettle. To do this, pour a couple of tablespoons of dry grass with a glass of boiling water, add two tablespoons of oil, bring to a boil and let stand until the mixture has cooled.
Apply it for 20 minutes, then rinse with shampoo. Regular use of such a mask will make the hair healthy, strong, docile.
A time-tested cosmetic product perfectly restores damaged hair from root to tip. Due to the special composition of the tool penetrates deep into the structure, nourishing and moisturizing weakened hair. Nevertheless, it should be used infrequently, because it is rather difficult to wash off and weights curls.
Council The best will be the use of masks based on castor oil and kefir (5 drops per half cup). Apply the mask on hair and leave for 30 minutes, then wash your hair thoroughly.
This tool is known as a real panacea for hair of any type. For a high-fat shag, the oil is remarkable in that it has the ability to dissolve sebum, freeing the bulbs. At the same time, the tool perfectly nourishes, smoothes, gives shine and healthy look. Quite This mask is effective:
- 1 tbsp. l oils
- half a teaspoon of lemon juice,
- half a teaspoon of propolis tincture.
All components are mixed, the mixture is applied for 30 minutes. Regular use transforms oily hair - makes them light, docile, strong.
A wonderful tool in the fight against dandruff, as well as a rich elixir for nutrition and regeneration of the scalp and hair. The tool is effective in combined use with essential analogues, as well as in the composition of cosmetic masks and rinses.
Nutritional Mask Recipe:
- 1 tbsp. l almond oil
- 1 tbsp. l peach butter,
- 1 tsp "Dimexidum"
- 1 tbsp. l cognac.
All components are mixed until uniform. Action time - 20 minutes.
Regular use of flaxseed eliminates excessive fat content at the roots, aligns the hair along the entire length, ensuring the integrity of the structure. Moreover, it should be used both as a food product and as a cosmetic.
- 1 tbsp. l flaxseed oil
- 3 tbsp. l lemon juice.
Keep the mixture on your hair for half an hour, then rinse with shampoo and rinse with cool water with lemon juice.
Another nourishing elixir for healthy, shiny curls, which treats weak brittle hair, controls the sebaceous glands. The vitamin and mineral complex contained in it fully replenishes the reserves of necessary substances in the hair follicles. This has a positive effect on the appearance of the hair.
The tool is perfect for oily hair, as it is easily absorbed without weighing it. At the same time the easy drying effect is reached. You can use the product in the following mask:
- grape seed oil - 2 tbsp. l.,
- coconut oil - 2 tbsp. l.,
- 1 tbsp. l cognac.
Warm up the mixture to a warm state, apply, leave for 20 minutes, rinse with shampoo. For best results, rinse your head with water and apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp.).
Suitable for mixed hair. The tool eliminates the roots of excess fat, while nourishing and restoring dry brittle tips. A good long lasting effect can be achieved using a combination of olive oil (1 tbsp. L.), Yolk and lemon juice (1 tbsp. L.).
Instructions for use
Cosmetic oils for oily hair are light and essential.
- Light means have such a composition and properties, thanks to which they can be applied to any parts of the hair, starting from the roots. At the same time no weighting or additional fat content is formed. These oils include tea tree, eucalyptus, jojoba, rosemary, lemon, sage, peppermint, lavender, etc. The duration of the effect of light remedies varies from 15 to 30 minutes.
- Basic oils have a thicker, more washable formula. Therefore, they are applied only to the middle and tips of the hair. These are coconut, flaxseed, burdock, castor, almond oils, avocado oil and others. These cosmetic products require a longer application time (an hour or two) to achieve the desired result.
Attention! After use, the hair is thoroughly washed with shampoo. Special attention should be paid when using basic oils. Rinsing with a small amount of edible acids (lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, etc.) has a good cleansing effect.
What is forbidden
Cocoa butter and palm oil should not be used for owners of greasy hair. These products have a very heavy structure that is difficult to wash off. In addition, the risk of purchasing low-quality goods is high.
The rest of the prohibitions relate to a greater degree neither to the specific means, but to the method of its use and to the quality of production. This type of hair has the greatest fat content in the root zone, which, when combed, spreads along the entire length.
therefore Base fatty oils (coconut, burdock, almond) should not be applied on the roots, as this will lead to their sealing and asphyxiation. With frequent and prolonged use, hair loss may begin.
High-quality cosmetic products do not contain artificial additives and elements of refining. It is definitely worth paying attention to when purchasing a product. Properly chosen tool should have the expected effect without any inconvenience and allergic manifestations.
Council Before buying cosmetic oil, make sure that it is a 100% natural product. Otherwise, the desired effect can not be seen, and the problem exacerbated.
Advantages and disadvantages
Proper use of cosmetic oils in the care of oily hairallows you to solve most of the problems namely:
- excessive sebum,
- lack of volume
- dropping out,
- weak growth
- unpleasant smell.
By cons of the application can be attributed to the high cost of food, especially if they are natural and rare. For example, the oil of argan, jojoba, olive and others is quite expensive. In addition, many tools have a specific smell and a viscous texture that is not suitable for everyone.
Opinion trichologist about hair oils.
How to get rid of oily hair.
Precautions before use
Before choosing the ingredients for the preparation of masks, you must ensure that the products are fresh.
It is not recommended to use products with high fat content, as well as oils used in food (olive, corn, sunflower); only essential and perfume oils, low-fat dairy, and fermented milk products can be used to soften the burning components.
Homemade remedies and balms for oily hair can be slightly baked when applied - this is natural, but if the sensations are rather painful, it is recommended to immediately wash off the composition and not use it anymore.
For washing off the mixtures and washing the head, it is generally necessary to use shampoo specifically for your hair type, you need to wash your head more than once every three days, otherwise the sebaceous glands become active, thereby causing excessive sebum secretion, which will lead to more fat curls.
When using conditioners facilitating combing, you should apply the product only to the tips of the curls, avoiding contact with the skin. If possible, do not use any purchased products other than shampoo, because sebum is a natural conditioner, and auxiliary resources are not required.
For drying fatty roots
- 2 tablespoons of mustard powder mixed with the same volume of boiled water, give infused about 15 minutes. To the composition add three tablespoons of black or green clay, fresh juice of one small lemon, one teaspoon of liquid honey, mix thoroughly.
Apply gruel to the roots with massaging movements and leave for 40 minutes after wrapping the head with cling film and a warm scarf.
The mask stimulates the growth of hair follicles while simultaneously balancing the greasy balance.
- One tablespoon of aloe juice, the same amount of lemon juice, one large clove of garlic, two tablespoons of liquid honey. Grate the garlic on a fine grater or grind on a blender. Add the remaining products and mix thoroughly.
Apply the contents on the skin and roots and leave for 40 - 50 minutes under a warm scarf after wrapping your head with cling film. Rinse with running water using shampoo.
The composition prevents loss of weakened hair and nourishes the curls, saturating them with essential trace elements. For a slightly improved mask with aloe juice and honey, see this article.
To give volume
- Dissolve two tablespoons of dry gelatin in half a glass of water, heat until the lumps disappear. and cool to room temperature. In the resulting liquid add one teaspoon of lemon juice and one slice of black bread.
The resulting composition can be left indefinitely and even overnight. Wash off in a conventional manner.
Curls are becoming more resilient and alive. Gelatin gives the effect of "lamination" strands and gives an incredible amount. Grind on a coffee grinder or in a blender to the state of flour oatmeal. Add warm water to flour: it should make a homogeneous, watery porridge.Combine the mixture with one teaspoon of baking soda and distribute over the entire length of the strands for at least 30 minutes. After the recommended time, rinse with warm water and shampoo.
Using this recipe, the curls will become larger and more magnificent, and there will be no trace of the greasy luster.
- The use of natural herbs as rinses can enhance the effect of homemade masks. For rinsing hair with oily structure, decoctions of the following herbs are excellent: oak bark, flowers and stalks of tansy, chamomile, birch leaves, mint, St. John's wort, nettle, and plantain. Dry or freshly cut plants are boiled in water at a ratio of 1:10 for several minutes, cooled to room temperature.
After using the masks, it is necessary to rinse the strands with ready broth. Additional rinsing after such rinses is not required.
For the preparation of infusions can combine several types of herbs or use only one variety.
Shampooing should be done no more than once every three days, preferably in the morning, because at night there is an accelerated production of sebaceous glands. All purchased care and moisturizing cocktails and oils are applied only on the tips.
You can use essential oils as an additive to shampoo, to do this, pour the necessary portion of detergent into the palm and add a few drops of essential oil, then thoroughly foam the composition, and rinse the curls with running water. It also makes sense to add some oils when combing.
Using masks 1 - 2 times a week for a month can achieve amazing results.
To cure greasy hair will not be enough, you need to constantly maintain the greasy balance of the scalp. After treatment at least once a month, use folk hair masks at home (oily hair only at the roots or up to the tips is not important). Periodically using folk methods you can forget about the dull hair weighted at the roots forever.
Causes of oily hair
Oily hair is caused by improper functioning of the sebaceous glands. Under normal conditions, the secret of the sebaceous glands creates the thinnest lipid film, which prevents the skin layer and hair from drying out, dehydration, protecting from harmful external factors. When the sebaceous glands dysfunction, an excessive amount of their secretion occurs, which causes oily hair.
Disturbances in the sebaceous glands occur for many reasons:
- endocrine disruption,
- improper diet,
- stress and depression,
- hormonal changes,
- improper selection of care products
- The influence of external causes - a hot climate, high humidity, frequent use of irons for hair, aggressive effects from the use of hair dryers, curls, etc.
Fatty hair begins at the roots and can extend to the entire length. There is a combination of greasy roots and dry tips, as well as hair that is prone to fat. Oily hair poorly keep styling, may be accompanied by dandruff. Strands quickly become untidy and sloppy look, stick together among themselves.
Frequent washing of the head saves for a while. This type of hair requires daily and special care. It is recommended to wash your hair with not too hot water, less often to comb, not to use tight hair and to get involved in complex styling. You should choose the optimal length to facilitate the care of problem hair.
Elimination of oily hair requires an integrated approach - finding out the internal failures of the body in combination with external influence.
Oily hair oil
Along with many care products, oil is the most effective. Contrary to its consistency, the oil is able to cope with greasy hair, acting directly on the subcutaneous layer and hair follicles. Using oils, it is possible to regulate the activity of the sebaceous glands.
Excessive use of oil can harm your locks. It is important to know which of the oils are able to solve the problem and how to use them, what is included in their composition, in what proportion will be effective.
Among the variety of oils for oily hair are the following:
Types of oils
All vegetable oils are either basic or essential.
- Base oil isolated from the seeds or grains of plants in the process of pressing. These include burdock, castor, almond, coconut, avocado oil, etc. Base oils differ in fat content and molecular density. Distinguish between oil base type - fat, bold and dry.
- Essential oil - volatile mixture with a characteristic odor of a plant obtained by the method of pressing, evaporation, infusion. Receive essential oils from various parts of plants - flowers, seeds, kernels, leaves, stems, roots. Essential oil does not stain, can easily volatilize, does not dissolve in water due to oily consistency.
Essential oils began to be widely used in medicine, cosmetology, aromatherapy, as disinfectants and antiseptics. There are about 200 names of essential oils. The most popular: tea tree oil, jojoba oil, eucalyptus, lemon, rosemary, lavender, peppermint, sage, etc.
Base and essential oils are useful, they include a variety of trace elements, vitamins, broad-spectrum.
With the help of oils, both basic and essential, you can get rid of hair oily hair forever. It is only necessary to comply with the methods of application, the proportion and frequency of care. Along with the elimination of fat, oil can have an additional effect - the fight against dandruff, brittle hair, tonic effect, saturation with vitamins, preserving the integrity of the hair structure, activation of blood and lymph supply.
For oily hair, tonic lotions, tonics and rinses can be made from essential oils. It is useful to apply such means after washing of the head, it is better to rub lotions for the night.
The use of base and essential oils will be effective by adding them to the already prepared shampoo, or prepared at home on their own. Vegetable oils have practically no contraindications, except for individual intolerance, allergic manifestations to certain components.
Shampoos with additives of oil do not weight the hair, they can add smoothness and shine, pleasant aroma. If you mix essential oil with regular shampoo, balm-rinse, then you need a small amount of drops (three, four) for one washing procedure.
What you need to know about masks
Masks with oil are recommended to be applied for a month and a half. It is better to stick to moderate, small amounts of mask oils due to the high concentration of substances.
Masks are used in the form of rubbing, wrapping, aroma-scrubbing with oil, as an additive in shampoos, rinses and tonic, as a massage. Good progress is achieved in the general strengthening of hair roots, reducing greasiness, getting rid of dandruff, hair brittleness, the sebaceous glands function is normalized, the process of hair growth accelerates. Oil contributes to lightness, silkiness, shine hair.
Before using a mask, you need to know the structure of your hair, the presence of allergies to one or another type of oil, the effect of oil.
Do not wash off the mask with water of high temperature, provoking increased activity of the sebaceous glands, ideal would be warm or cool water.
- Burdock oil is effective for strengthening hair, accelerating growth, stabilizing the functioning of the sebaceous glands, fights dandruff.
- Castor oil has a positive effect on the general condition of the hair, scalp, accelerates hair growth, fights brittleness and split ends.
- Jojoba oil is able to restore hair growth, strengthens hair follicles, tones the work of the sebaceous glands.
- Coconut oil will give smoothness and silkiness, will create protective barriers against damage, moisturizes and nourishes the roots.
- Olive oil will have a beneficial effect to strengthen and align the structure of the hair, prevents split ends.
- Tea tree essential oil acts as an antibacterial and tonic, does not weigh down the hair.
- Lemon oil has the effect of drying, removes excess sebum secretion.
- Lavender oil regulates the function of the sebaceous glands, tones lymphatic drainage, strengthens hair follicles.
- Rosemary oil normalizes the function of the sebaceous glands, prevents hair loss, gives lightness and silkiness.
Oily Hair Mask Recipes
Masks after preparation are applied to the scalp by rubbing in for about five minutes, then they are warmed with a film and a towel. Withstand the mask for about half an hour, about forty minutes. Then rinse with running cool water. Masks are best used immediately before washing the head.
- Kefir mask: 1/2 cup of kefir, 3-4 drops of essential oil of your choice. You can add to the mixture a little lemon zest.
- Mask with base and essential oils. Base a tablespoon of oil (burdock, or castor, or coconut) slightly warm up using a water bath, add 3-5 drops of essential oil (lavender or tea tree, or another to your taste). Thus you can alternate the mask, connecting different oils.
- Mask based on a mixture of essential oils. For such a mask you need to mix several tablespoons of several types of essential oil - lavender, lemon, bergamot.
- Mix 50-60 grams of castor oil with medium-sized grated onion, add 4-5 drops of lemon juice or zest.
- Burdock oil (1 tsp) stir with egg yolk.
- To coconut oil, add two, three cloves of ground garlic, 1 tsp. red grated pepper. Withstand such a mask for 15 minutes.
- Honey 1 tbsp. mix with lemon zest, add 4-5 drops of rosemary oil.
- To 3 tbsp. white clay add the same oatmeal, diluted with kefir (5 tablespoons). Add 5-6 drops of lemon ether, bergamot or tea tree to this compound.
- Mix egg yolk with 3-4 drops of tea tree oil. This mixture acts as a shampoo and as a mask.
- 20 ml of peach oil mixed with 1 tsp. cognac.
- Honey 1 tbsp. mix with castor oil (1 tsp.) and any of the essential oils (3-4 drops).
- To castor oil (1-1.5 tablespoons) add 3-4 drops of rosemary ether and the same amount of rose oil.
- Take 1 tbsp. thick sour cream, combine with 2 tbsp. coconut oil and half grated banana.
- The same amount of olive oil and jojoba oil mix. For a mask, 1 tbsp is enough.
- Cream mixed with honey in equal proportions, add 3 drops of lavender oil.
- To 10-15 ml of sesame oil add 3-4 drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Mask of a mixture of citrus oils: 2 tsp. Mix almond oil as a base with 2 drops of eucalyptus, lemon and patchouli oil.
- Another citrus mask: add 5 ml of lemon and grapefruit ether to the base oil.
- Argan mask is made from argan oil 10 ml, 5 ml almond oil and a few drops of patchouli oil.
- Jojoba oil 4 tbsp. Mix with 100 ml of brandy, half lemon juice and 4 drops of ylang-ylang oil.
- In any base oil (burdock, castor or other) dissolve 3-4 drops of clove, cinnamon, juniper and rosemary oil.
The duration of masks for oily hair ranges from 10 minutes to an hour. It all depends on the composition of the mask and the desired effect. Do not abuse the duration of the mask, as there may be allergic reactions, skin irritation, dull hair color.
In a week, it is desirable to make 2 or 3 masks. The course of recovery lasts about a month and a half. It is also important after this to use masks for prophylaxis once or twice a week or a month.
Opinion trichologist about hair oils
What are oils for oily hair?
If the sebaceous glands are actively working, the hair very quickly becomes oily. And not only in the root zone, but also along the entire length. Washing your hair every day is not the best option, as it only stimulates the release of fat. Help in solving this problem will help natural oils intended for fatty strands.
Regular use of such oils will positively affect the condition of the hair, as they will remain clean and well-groomed for a long time.
SELIAR Argan Oil
This product was developed based on ancient recipes. At the heart of the oil from the seeds of exotic fruits Argan. The products have a light texture, which gives the curls strength, durability, protects against the negative influence of environmental factors. The active ingredients envelop every hair with an invisible film that protects against UV rays and free radicals.
Parachute Coconut Oil
This lightweight and non-greasy coconut oil nourishes the curls with minerals, nourishes them, adds shine and prevents loss. The product is based on coconut oil and jasmine extract, due to which the product leaves a light and pleasant aroma on the hair. You can use the composition every day, so that the curls always look beautiful and healthy.
Shea Butter Aromatika
This tool is one of the safest and most versatile. But it should be used in combination with other components. Before applying, it is imperative to heat the oil, as it hardens at low temperatures. It has a moisturizing, firming and nourishing effect.
- convenient glass bottle
- natural composition,
- thick consistency
- no smell.
The disadvantage is that it is necessary to wash off the oil with the use of shampoo.
L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil
This is a universal remedy, which contains avocado and grape seed oils. They give hair softness, natural shine, making them docile and smooth. The next feature of the product is a pleasant floral scent.
The best oils for oily hair at home
Burdock oil is great for oily hair, as it fights perfectly with split ends, brittleness, nourishes the strands and normalizes the sebaceous glands.
Recommendations for use:
- Apply the product with a comb with fine teeth. It allows you to evenly distribute the composition of the roots and the entire length.
- Massage movements rub the oil into the scalp, and then comb through the strands from root to tip. To get the maximum effect, apply the composition to partings.
- Put a plastic cap and a towel on your head.
- The exposure time of the mask is unlimited. But it is best to keep it for 3 hours.
- Wash off in the usual way.
Tea Tree Ether
This product reduces the amount of sebum produced. With its use, hair becomes light and fresh.
There are several ways to use the product:
- A couple of drops of product is added to the shampoo for washing the head.
- Spray oil can be prepared. To do this, add 5-8 drops of ether to 100 ml of water. The resulting composition is poured into the spray. Apply a couple of times during the day to the root zone.
This is a universal product for oily hair, which is obtained by water-steam distillation. Inflorescences and all parts of a green plant are used as raw materials.
The resulting liquid has a pleasant aroma, different lymphatic drainage effect. When using oil, the sebaceous glands are restored. The composition of lavender oil contains vitamins that strengthen the hair follicles and accelerate their growth.
Lavender oil has the following effect:
To prepare the mask combine these components:
- yogurt - 100 ml,
- Lavender ester - 5-7 drops.
To begin to warm the fermented milk product, and then add the butter. Apply to hair from root to tip, wear a plastic cap and rinse off after 20 minutes.
This product has been used to treat hair since ancient times. And this is not surprising, since hemp oil nourishes curls with nutritive components and provides reliable protection against the negative effects of UV rays.
In addition, the composition has the following effects:
- regenerates damaged strands after chemical and thermal exposure,
- it is effective at loss and slow growth,
- after regular use strands become elastic, no longer electrified.
To prepare the mask take the following components:
- hemp oil - 40 ml,
- ether of chamomile, rosemary and coriander - 2 drops.
All components are mixed and applied on the head with soft massaging movements. Go through the locks with a comb, warm with polyethylene and wash off after 2 hours.
Laurel oil is a unique product that is suitable for damaged hair and scalp. It has a nourishing and anti-inflammatory effect. The benefits of oil due to its composition:
- Laurin - restores the structure of curls,
- oleic, stearic and myristic acids nourish the cells,
- tanning components - have a drying effect, normalize the work of the sebaceous glands,
- phytosterol - prevents hair loss.
To prepare the mask you need the following components:
- 1 yolk,
- aloe juice - 40 ml,
- laurel oil - 35 ml.
All ingredients combine, heat and apply on hair. Wash off after 20 minutes. This mask will remove excess greasiness, give curls an attractive look and moisturize the tips.
These oils effectively cope with the increased fat content of the head, as they normalize the work of the sebaceous glands. In addition, they nourish and moisturize dry tips, preventing their cross-section and brittleness. They have virtually no contraindications and rarely lead to allergies.