Today, keratin hair straightening procedure has become very popular. In one session, it effectively restores hair, gives shine and radiance, well-groomed appearance. Curls become more obedient and do not require styling. This restoration creates a protective film on the hair, which prevents the negative impact of environmental factors, including the effects of precipitation, wind and ultraviolet radiation. But is it possible to do keratin hair straightening for nursing mothers?
Immediately, we note that doing this procedure for pregnant and lactating women is not recommended because of the formaldehyde content. It is a powerful carcinogen that, during the keratin procedure, releases harmful toxic fumes. When these vapors are inhaled, toxins enter the body of the mother and baby, which leads to intoxication.
Therefore, to restore hair is better to choose more gentle ways. For example, use formaldehyde-free formulations or make homemade masks from gelatin. They also improve the appearance of hair. And although the effect lasts much less than with keratin straightening, this procedure will be absolutely safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
How is keratin straightening
This procedure involves deep cleansing and hair restoration, in which use a special shampoo and means to protect against grease, dust, the negative effects of moisture and ultraviolet radiation. After that, the curls are impregnated with a beta-keratin composition and straightened with a hot ironing. Due to thermal effects, formaldehyde emits an unpleasant odor, toxic fumes and substances that are hazardous to health. The keratin composition melts, forms a protective film and remains in the hair structure.
Note that keratin does not have a therapeutic effect, but only improves the appearance of the hair. Of course, curls after straightening become smooth and smooth, shiny and luxurious. In addition, you can forget about daily styling. It is important to properly care for hair after keratin recovery. With proper care, the effect lasts up to five months.
After keratin straightening, use special sulphate-free shampoos, dry the hair with a hair dryer only with cold air, and it is better to dry the head without a hair dryer at all. It is also not recommended to visit the bath or sauna, as hot air further destroys the action of keratin. By the way, is it possible for a nursing mother to go to the bath and sauna, read here.
Harm to keratin straightening
- The main harm is the content of formaldehyde. This is a powerful and dangerous carcinogen that is part of the means for keratin straightening and reaches 10.5%! Whereas the acceptable safe level of formaldehyde is only 0.2%,
- When using low-quality cheap formulations, as well as in the absence of a protective mask during the procedure with inhalation of toxic vapors, there are many side effects. First of all, it is poisoning, nausea and vomiting, dizziness and headaches, chest pains, nosebleeds and hair loss,
- This procedure has a strong stress on the hair follicle. As a result, the curls become heavy and fall out more, due to the severity of hairstyle loses volume and pomp,
- After treatment with keratin hair becomes closer to each other and faster soaked with sebum, and therefore quickly become dirty. As a result, you have to wash your head more often.
- Dyed hair after keratin straightening quickly lose color. By the way, staining after the procedure can be done no earlier than ten days,
- Keratin, like any protein, can cause an allergic reaction. Although the proportion of probability is small, but it is. If a nursing mother or baby has a protein allergy, this procedure should not be performed!
The danger of keratin straightening during lactation
After studying the pros and cons of the procedure, it can be concluded that keratin straightening during breastfeeding is dangerous for the baby and mother. Therefore, it is better to refuse recovery before the end of lactation or not to do straightening at all. Keratin treatment can cause an allergic reaction, severe poisoning and other undesirable side effects.
During lactation it is also not recommended to use a hair dryer, iron, rectifiers and other methods of heat treatment. Do not use varnishes, as they only worsen the condition and provoke hair loss. Dry your head with a towel and often brush your hair, which will improve blood circulation and eliminate dead hair follicles. For combing use a safe wooden comb with a thick comb.
When breastfeeding can not do the chemistry, perm and dyeing. In exceptional cases, you can choose paints without ammonia, tinted shampoos or balms, natural products, such as Basma and henna, to make highlights. How and what to dye hair nursing mother, see the article "Coloring with breastfeeding."
Alternative hair straightening methods
If you want to improve the condition of the hair, you can use more gentle and safe formulations without formaldehyde content. These are the so-called “zero” hair straightening products. Of course, the effect will be less noticeable and will pass within a month and a half or two months, unlike keratin. However, this is a suitable temporary solution for women during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
In addition, experts recommend making special masks at home, which give the effect of lamination and come to replace keratin. Hair as a result of the procedures also become smooth, shiny and obedient. However, the action will last only a few days. But this recovery can be regularly repeated without harm to health. To prepare the mask, take:
- Warm water - 1 cup,
- Gelatin - 1 tablespoon,
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 teaspoon,
- Essential oils of rosemary, jasmine and sage - 2 drops.
Mix the ingredients and apply on damp clean hair. Leave the composition for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water. After that, dry your head with a towel. Many women face the problem of hair loss after childbirth. In this case, the mask of vegetable oils and rinsing with a decoction of chamomile with two or three drops of lemon juice will help.
When washing, use gentle and mild shampoos, preferably without sulfates. In more detail, what to do if hair falls out after childbirth, read the link http://vskormi.ru/mama/pri-grudnom-vskarmlivanii-vipadayt-volosi-chto-delat/.
Is it possible to do keratin straightening with gv
Girls in the situation in most cases limit themselves when choosing products, give up habits that have a detrimental effect on the development of the future baby, reduce the use of chemical products in everyday life to a minimum.
But when it comes to maintaining their own appearance, then surely some questions arise. In terms of skin care products and decorative cosmetics for pregnant women, there is virtually no reason to limit oneself.
It is important to pay attention to the composition and quality of products to avoid allergic reactions.
A lot of controversy arises in the care of hair. When hormonal changes in the future mother's body begin, the structure of the hair often deteriorates, they become too brittle and dry. Keratin straightening helps to get rid of bored curly locks, restore the health of the strands, make them alive and shiny.
But, unfortunately, experts do not recommend carrying out this procedure during pregnancy. It uses carcinogens, whose effects on the body of the embryo are not fully understood to date. Moreover, honest hairdressers say that it is not known how the hair will behave after straightening.
Due to changes in the hormonal system, creatine may not produce the desired effect.
There are several types of keratin straightening: Brazilian, American, Japanese and classic. For women in the position is the second option.
During this procedure, no harmful formaldehyde, which can enter the body through the scalp, is used. But it has some special features.
First, the price of an American straightening is much higher, which can really hit the family budget. Moreover, the effect is not so long.
What can replace keratin straightening during pregnancy?
Not surprisingly, the expectant mother wants to improve the condition of her hair, despite all the warnings of specialists. But still, it is better to replace the keratin straightening with another procedure or wait until the day when the child is born. Remarkable alternatives to keratin include:
- Containing this component hair masks and sprays. They will not have a negative effect on the fetus, they will help to restore the hair structure quite effectively and will even out bored curls.
Hair straightening during pregnancy
Keratin straightening during pregnancy and repulsive moms: can or cannot? After all, even with a tummy a woman remains a woman, and she wants to look good. The new situation brings a lot of inconvenience, including fragility and hair loss, and the straightening procedure promises to give beautiful, well-groomed and smooth curls for several months.
It is believed that such a procedure is even useful for the hair, because they are saturated with keratin, heals, lost split ends. In the network you can find more than one review about keratin hair straightening during pregnancy and for nursing mothers. Someone risks and does not see problems, someone is categorically against. What do the experts think?
The answer is simple: during pregnancy and nursing mothers are not recommended to use the services of know-how. The thing is that formaldehyde is a component of the product used for the procedure, which is a very hazardous component. Partially, it is absorbed into the skin, and also enters the body while drying hair through the respiratory tract.
Then it settles and gradually accumulates, turning into formic acid. Formaldehyde provokes the appearance of cancer, nervous disorders, eye diseases. During pregnancy (or for a nursing mother) there is a risk of a dangerous substance getting to the fetus, which can cause congenital diseases and anomalies.
Worth avoiding keratin hair straightening and lactating mothers, so as not to pass the element through the milk.
It is not worth the risk and if you decide to protect yourself, you studied the label and did not find the ill-fated formaldehyde. Not always the manufacturer in good faith will indicate the composition. The main thing to remember is that the formaldehyde is released from the substances biformal and glycosal (by the way, prohibited in the US and Europe).
Another minus keratin hair straightening during pregnancy (or nursing mom) in that you can give a lot of money without getting any result. As you know, a woman in an interesting position is changing hormones, so that the result may be completely unexpected.
In any case, deciding to make a keratin straightening during pregnancy (or nursing mother), weigh the pros and cons.
Remember that the procedure is only a temporary solution to the problem, after a while (if, of course, the composition is taken) the keratin is washed off, and the strands remain the same lifeless tow.
Is it worth risking the health of the baby for the dubious possibility to make curls more beautiful !?
Keratin straightening during breastfeeding
Moms are looking for information on the web about whether it is possible to treat hair with keratin composition during breastfeeding. Opinions on this score diverge. In parental forums, it says that you can take a chance, but experts do not recommend it. Below in the article - the answer to the question of whether it is possible to straighten hair with keratin when breastfeeding.
Briefly about the procedure keratin styling
Keratin straightening protects the hair, allows you to not care about daily styling, curls so treated look great.
This is an intensive restoration of hair, which creates a “film” on the hair, protecting it from outside influence. Curls at the same time become more obedient, easier to style. This is especially important for those who by nature have disobedient, hard or curly hair. The effect of the procedure lasts from 2 to 5 months.
There are two options for straightening: "Brazilian" and "American." They differ only in that “American” is considered softer, since there is a smaller percentage of aldehyde, the main active in the keratin composition of the substance.
Styling procedure and its harm
hair is deeply cleaned with special shampoo and care products from dust, grease, etc., so that they become most susceptible to keratin molecules,
- then they are impregnated with a special protein-keratin composition,
- Further, the locks are straightened with the help of a heated “ironing”. Thanks to him, the protein from the composition melts and "solders" the damaged scales in the hair structure, they become smooth and shiny for a long time.
It is because of the impregnation of the curls with the composition that keratin straightening during breastfeeding is not recommended. The fact is that the main active ingredient in the hair straightener is formaldehyde, which is harmful to health.
What is formaldehyde and how is it dangerous?
In mixtures for the long-term straightening of curls, there are always aldehydes, those substances that emit harmful formaldehyde vapors (formalin, formic aldehyde, etc.) when they are affected by heat (“iron”). With the help of high temperature, keratin and silicones, a protective film is formed on the hair, “sealing” it and making it smooth. At the same time, steam and pungent odor are released.
Formaldehyde is a toxic carcinogen. In large quantities, it can cause skin dermatitis or cancer. In Europe, America, etc. carefully monitor how much formaldehyde is contained in any cosmetic product. Unfortunately, in Russia, control is treated more coolly.
The safe content of this substance anywhere is only 0.2%.
Its toxic fumes are dangerous even for adults, not to mention babies.
When evaporated, vapors are inhaled by the nursing mother, and therefore may affect the quality of breast milk. Also, the baby should not inhale the vapors.
Do not believe those who say that keratin hair straightening is safe for the baby. All formulations of this kind, if they are real, contain formaldehyde. The tool without it simply will not give the same effect.
You can start the procedure with keratin immediately after the end of breastfeeding.
Formaldehyde keratin formulations
There are other compounds with which you can straighten hair. True, exactly the same effect as with a real straightening keratin, will not. Those who say that there are non-formaldehyde keratin preparations with a similar effect are mistaken. However, this can be a good temporary solution before breastfeeding is stopped.
These compounds are Brazilian Blowout, Organic Keratin, Global keratin, Kerarganic, Inoar. Means without formaldehyde are called "nukes". In them there are no unhealthy aldehydes, but the effect will be less visible, and also will not last long.
Some girls at their own risk go to keratin straightening. It is like smoking during pregnancy. Not recommended, the possible harm is known, but ultimately everyone decides for himself.
Take care of yourself and your child. Even if your appearance does not suit you at the moment, wait with radical hair care and take advantage of similar, if not so effective, means.
Possible risks and complications for pregnant women
There are risks and complications of keratin straightening during pregnancy:
- Allergic reactions associated with intolerance to individual components of the chemical composition.
- The occurrence of tearing of the eyes due to irritation of the mucous membrane by the vapors of the substances that make up the preparation.
- A dangerous component is formaldehyde. The straightening procedure occurs at high temperatures, which contributes to the release of formaldehyde from the keratin toxic gas. It is not recommended during pregnancy and feeding due to the possible ingress of toxic substances into the organisms of the mother and child. It should be remembered that from the components of biformal and glycosal, the same formaldehyde is released.
- Use during the procedure of substances that are carcinogenic.
- Non-guaranteed result: due to changes in the hormonal system, keratin may not produce the desired effect and even increase the existing hair problems (excessive fluffiness and fragility of the strands).
What can replace keratin straightening?
- Lamination. This procedure is harmless if you use only natural ingredients (gelatin, vitamin complexes and oils).
- Masks and sprays, which include keratin. These funds help to "pacify" the disobedient strands, as well as help restore and protect the hair.
- Shampoos for dry and damaged hair. These tools "smooth" the strands and facilitate their combing.
- Smoothing the curls with an iron. Not the safest method, as it drains hair even more. However, using thermal protection and proper handling of the iron will not cause proper harm.
However, many women, unfortunately, do not stop all these dangers. The question arises: are there drugs for safe straightening?
But this option has its drawbacks:
- The cost of the procedure is quite high
- The effect is not long lasting.
- Kerarganic. They contain Moroccan argan oil, organic natural extracts, many amino acids, and vitamins. There are no formaldehydes, any aldehydes or hazardous chemicals.
- W.One. They are a balanced mixture of proteins, peptides and essential amino acids. When heat treated hair does not form formaldehyde or its derivatives.
- Brazilian Blowout. This manufacturer also has a composition without formaldehyde (zero).
Precautions to be taken by a pregnant woman during the procedure:
- Good ventilation of the room, as there is a risk of poisoning with formaldehyde. These substances can even lead to cancer.
- Use of protective equipment: masks and gloves.
- Periodic warm-up legs: a woman needs to be in a barber's chair for a long time, and during pregnancy it is fraught with edema and the formation of blood clots.
- Individual intolerance: keratin is a protein, therefore, it may be allergic, or another intolerance reaction.
What term is better not to do?
From messages on thematic women's forums one can find out that many pregnant women do this procedure on any terms, ignoring the risks. However, to date, clinical studies on pregnant women and nursing have not been conducted, therefore, you do this procedure at your own peril and risk.
Especially careful to be in early pregnancy, when the organs and nervous system of the fetus are formed. Thus, the safety of keratin straightening during pregnancy is questionable. Many of the tools used in this procedure can have a negative impact on the development of the fetus and harm the health of the woman. There are various alternatives to this method, which will also help preserve the beauty and health of your hair.
How does keratin work?
Keratin is one of the fibrillar proteins of high strength. It is from it are mainly composed of nails and hair in humans. If this protein is not enough, the hairs become weak and naughty, look dull due to the destruction of the upper layer - the cuticle. Keratin leveling helps not only straighten hair, but also makes it stronger, healthier, smoother and more brilliant.
Each human hair consists of three layers:
- The cuticle is an outer layer resembling the construction of tile shingles. If the bond between them is weakened, the destruction of the inside can begin.
- Cortex - makes up about 90% of the hair and needs a lot of keratin.
- The core consists of non-horned cells and is protected by external layers.
The composition of masks for keratin straightening usually includes keratin and silicone. They are necessary to restore the structure of hairs. Keratin molecules are relatively small, so they easily penetrate between the cuticle scales and fill the voids inside the hair (cortex). Silicone glues and restores the top layer of hair (cuticle), creating a protective film on its surface.
In addition, most masks contain formaldehyde. It is used as a preservative and improves the effectiveness of the procedure. But this substance is toxic. It is associated with all the dangers of keratin straightening for pregnant women. Also in the mask is often added vegetable oils and minerals.
The procedure itself keratin straightening consists of several stages:
- Intensive cleansing of hair with a special shampoo,
- The application of keratin composition on wet curls,
- Drying and leveling the iron, heated to 230 degrees,
- Rinsing with water and applying a nourishing balm.
Who is the procedure for?
Usually keratin straightening is recommended for girls with heavily damaged and unruly hair that is difficult to style. The composition of the mask strengthens the hairs, and treatment with a hot iron flattens them, making them smooth and shiny. In this case, the surface of each hair is covered with a film, which is difficult to wash off and provides a lasting effect from the procedure.
Keratin straightening is not suitable for girls with thin hair, as it reduces the volume of hair.
Restrictions and contraindications
Keratin straightening is a rather complicated and not the safest procedure for health, therefore there are a number of restrictions on its implementation:
- To straightening allowed girls over 13 years old and with hair not shorter than 10 cm.
- On the scalp should not be scratches and other damage.
- Do not carry out the procedure for clients with allergies to any components of the mask.
There is no consensus about the procedure during pregnancy. Inhalation of formaldehyde vapor is definitely harmful, especially for expectant mothers, since it has a teratogenic effect. Therefore, the use of masks with this substance during pregnancy is prohibited. If you choose keratin without formaldehyde, then you can try.
Stages of keratin straightening
- Deep cleaning. To begin with, the master will carefully brush his hair, then proceed to washing with a special agent.
- Further, keratin is applied to wet hair, which contains keratin, silicone, minerals and natural oils. The tool is applied to the hair along the entire length, except for the scalp, so it is recommended to indent about 2 cm.
- Then the hair is dried by a hair dryer, after using a styler heated to 230 degrees.
- After ironing, rinse hair and apply a mask.
- At the end they dry the hair with a hairdryer and do the styling
Types of straightening
- Brazilian keratin straightening is a standard keratin treatment.
- The American way - as part of no formaldehyde. Suitable during pregnancy. Cons - the price, plus this straightening holds much less time.
- Japanese straightening - contains in its composition cystamine, which penetrates into the structure of the hair and restores them, even if they are too dry.
How to care
- wash your hair for the first time only after 72 hours,
- You can only use sulfate-free shampoos after keratinization,
- can and should use specialized hair masks,
- Do not dye your hair after straightening with keratin in the first two weeks,
- Do not use the styler for three days from the procedure,
- forget about the gum, hair can be removed only with a thick silk ribbon,
- The first three days, be careful with the curls, once again not to touch them,
- conduct a medical rehabilitation course, pay special attention to the tips.
Is it possible to do keratin straightening during breastfeeding?
In keratin, which is used to straighten the hair, there is formaldehyde. Under the influence of high temperature, it releases toxic substances for health. Therefore, when the strands are processed with an iron after applying the composition, the release of a toxic carcinogen occurs. It causes dermatitis.
Formaldehyde fumes adversely affect the respiratory system and eye mucosa. It can cause allergic reactions, as a result of which harmful substances can get into the baby’s body with milk.
This substance also has a mutagenic effect, causing various pathologies in the baby.
Formaldehyde can act at the cellular level, adversely affecting the brain and retina. Therefore, the risk of developing pathologies in a child while breastfeeding increases several times. The baby may be the destruction of nervous tissue and visual analyzers.
When a woman inhales formaldehyde, it is adsorbed in the body. It begins to settle in the lymphoid tissue, bone marrow, pancreas, and salivary glands. As a result, the child may develop bronchitis, urticaria, or dermatitis. The child may develop eczema, there will be redness and severe itching on the skin. Therefore, in order to avoid negative consequences, a woman with breastfeeding should completely abandon keratin, which includes formaldehyde.
The maximum content of a substance should be up to 0.2%.
This method makes curly hair smooth and silky, affecting the structure of hairs. During the procedure, the compositions that use, have also a healing effect and contribute to the restoration of damaged strands.
The composition includes cystamine. Penetrating deep into the hair, it contributes to the straightening of keratin molecules, because of which the hair gets perfect smoothness.
During the procedure, use Straight & Shine from Goldwell. With this composition, the strands become smooth forever. Only as the roots grow, it will be necessary to make an adjustment. This method is safe because they use products that contain essential oils, panthenol, beain, cationic polymers, wheat proteins.
How to perform at home?
You can independently straighten your hair with natural ingredients.
In this case, smooth strands will stay only a few days.
To do this, you must prepare a mask, which includes:
- warm water
- spoon of culinary gelatin,
- some apple cider vinegar,
- any essential oil for fragrance.
- All components are mixed and applied to clean and slightly wet strands.
- The composition is kept for 15 minutes and then washed off.
- Conduct straightening with ironing.
Watch a video about hair lamination with gelatin.
The drug consists of amino acids that smoothes wavy and curly strands. At the same time there is no damage to the hair structure. The effect lasts for 3-4 months. The presence of formaldehyde - 0%.
The preparation includes cocoa fruits, annatto berries seeds, kama-kama, asoi berries. Thanks to these components, the composition not only straightens, but heals hair. The more often this remedy is used, the better the hair structure will become over time.
Safe preparation with 0% formaldehyde. The drug contains natural keratin. A set of amino acids and vitamins, as well as argan oil, have a favorable effect on the structure.
When choosing drugs it is necessary to pay attention to the composition. The label indicates the presence or absence of formaldehyde.
Since these funds do not have contraindications, they can be used as needed, without fear for the health of the baby. The only disadvantage may be allergic reactions due to intolerance of one of the components. Therefore, the woman is recommended to test to exclude allergies.
If a nursing mother will use drugs without formaldehyde, there is no need to express milk.
If there is even a slight presence of this substance in the preparation, it is recommended to decant the breast milk after the procedure for safety. There is a high probability that this toxic substance is ingested.
The procedure itself is a sequential treatment of curls with the help of special formulations, the formula of which contains keratin. Thanks to their action, the structure of each hair is filled with nutrients and enveloped on top with a special protective film. As a result, the hair is aligned, significantly strengthened and acquire a healthy shine.
However, this process has several contraindications that should be considered. Keratin straightening cannot be used:
- with individual intolerance to the components of the composition of the product,
- under the age of 16 years.
This means that the procedure is not completely harmless, and its implementation can adversely affect health. This is due to the fact that most of the means used for straightening contain formaldehyde, a rather toxic gas. In the process of hair treatment uses high temperatures that provoke its evaporation.
Attention! If the toxic component used in keratin straightening enters the body of a pregnant girl, this can lead to a variety of negative consequences.
What can happen if you decide to straighten your hair with keratin during pregnancy? The following options are possible:
- there will be a strong allergic reaction, extremely dangerous during this period for both mother and child,
- irritation of the mucous membrane will occur - eyes will begin to water, which will be rather unpleasant,
- ingestion of toxic formaldehyde will lead to complications during pregnancy,
- keratin will work very ineffectively, possibly a significant deterioration of the hair.
In this way, it is important to remember thatKeratin straightening with formaldehyde containing pregnant women is prohibited! However, not every method uses a composition with its content, but we will discuss this in more detail below.
What are the recommendations regarding keratin procedures during breastfeeding? This period is also one of the most responsible in the life of women, so during lactation health is just as important as throughout pregnancy.
Nursing mothers are also contraindicated in the keratin straightening procedure, if during it dangerous formaldehyde carcinogen evaporates, which adversely affects human health.Its maximum permissible rate should not exceed 0.2%, and in some compositions up to 10.5% is contained!
During the procedure, harmful vapors of formaldehyde enter the mother's body, and from there through the milk to the baby. Side effects may be the same as during the procedure during pregnancy - allergies, intoxication, the manifestation of side effects on the hair.
Brazilian keratisation is recognized as a classic and is now the most popular all over the world. During the procedure, a special compound is applied to the curls, which contains not only chemical components, but also extracts of Brazilian plants. This type of procedure is considered one of the most reliable and stable, and the effect of it lasts from 4 months to six months.
However, this method has a negative side. In keratin mixtures used in the process of Brazilian straightening, contains the greatest amount of formaldehyde. therefore this species is strictly prohibited for pregnant girls and breastfeeding mothers.
This method is less dangerous and more benign. There is no formaldehyde in American keratin formulations; therefore, it is possible not to fear its harmful fumes. This method can be used during pregnancy and lactation, with the exception of special risks or personal intolerance.
But such a harmless procedure has its drawbacks:
- First, at a cost, it costs significantly more than the classic Brazilian approach.
- Secondly, the result is much less, the maximum period is up to two or three months. Also, this composition is quite capricious, does not tolerate any other chemical treatment.
- Thirdly, the hair in this case is not protected as reliably as in Brazilian keratinization. The outer film on the hairs is not so dense, therefore not too resistant to external factors.
This method was invented and became widespread quite recently. Strictly speaking, not keratin, but alkaline straightening. This means that during the treatment of curls, the keratin pH level contained in them changes. Due to this effect, the hair is smoothed and straightened, and also gain shine. Learn the details of Japanese hair straightening on our website.
Attention! This method, like the American one, is considered to be quite harmless, since it does not use formaldehyde. But still it is necessary to take into account that such a procedure will not give such an amazing effect as Brazilian keratinization.
The mixtures that are applied to the curls, have a regenerating effect due to the cyastimine protein. It only fills the gaps in the hair structure, but does not create a protective film.
As a result, hair becomes more susceptible to various external influences. Also, this method is much more expensive than both Brazilian and American straightening.
Thus, of all the keratin straightening procedures listed above, those that do not evaporate the harmful formaldehyde gas are considered the most innocent. Brazilian keratisation can be considered the most dangerous for pregnant girls and breastfeeding. The procedure during these periods can have an extremely negative impact on the health of both the mother and the child.
Therefore, in such periods significant for each girl, it is recommended either to choose more benign methods (American and Japanese), or to refrain from carrying out the procedure.
Many expectant mothers want to keep themselves in shape and how to take care of their appearance. Keratin hair straightening is a wonderful way to make yourself a little more beautiful, but you need to be careful with this procedure.
If you decide to conduct it during pregnancy or breastfeeding, it is recommended to consult with the master in detail.exactly what composition he handles curls. If it contains formaldehyde, then it is better to turn to another hairdresser or choose a harmless type of mixture without harmful carcinogens. If you are confident in the master, and as a composition - you can safely visit the procedure.
Alternative hair alignment methods:
Pregnancy and hair care.
The whole truth about keratin.
Keratin in pregnancy: is the possible risk justified?
During pregnancy, a woman attentively treats her health more than ever, and carefully thinks out not only her diet, but also removes some cosmetics and procedures from her daily life that can harm the health of the unborn child.
Keratin hair straightening is popular among women, so the question arises whether it can be done during pregnancy and whether it will harm the fetus.
What is keratin hair alignment
Improper diet and unhealthy lifestyle, hormonal disruptions in the body, stress, external natural factors, etc. have an adverse effect on hair. To return them a shiny and silky appearance, a keratin restoration procedure was invented, which reconstructs the structure of damaged hair.
Industrial keratin is a cosmetic containing protein in its composition. 78% of human hair consists of keratin enriched with microelements (amino acids), which defines the structure of the hair and gives it shape. In simple words - keratin plays the role of a “backbone” supporting the hair from the inside. Cosmetic keratin penetrates damaged hair and seals it.
Is it possible to use keratin alignment curls during pregnancy
The main components of the newly invented cosmetic keratin were formaldehyde and keratin. Formaldehyde is a toxic organic substance that changes the structure of the hair, and the vapors that it releases have a negative effect on the body. Therefore, doctors do not recommend doing the keratin procedure during pregnancy.
Over time, the keratin straightening formula was improved, and some manufacturers abandoned formaldehyde as part of their products.
Keratin masks, which do not contain formaldehyde, may be used during pregnancy. But, the effect of the procedure will last less.
For several reasons, pregnant women should even give up the formaldehyde-free composition, setting aside keratin for some time.
In the early stages
In the first trimester, it is better for a woman to abandon the keratin recovery procedure due to possible risks and complications For a number of reasons:
- The composition of keratin can provoke allergic reactions to the individual components of the mask.
- Toxic substances enter the body of the expectant mother and can cause harm to the unborn baby.
- Hormonal restructuring of the woman’s body can cause a bad result or even increase the deformation of the hair.
On late terms
The keratin straightening procedure takes a certain amount of hours. The longer and thicker the hair, the more time is spent on the procedure. On average, its duration is 3-4 hours.
Pregnant women in late periods are contraindicated to sit for a long time due to the risks of increasing swelling of the lower extremities.
One of the stages of the procedure is the "sealing" of keratin in the hair structure under the influence of high temperatures. Vaporized vapors are toxic and can cause nausea and vomiting, dizziness, or lead to loss of consciousness.
Does the result of keratin leveling differ before and during pregnancy?
Hormonal changes that occur in the body of a pregnant woman, most often cause unsatisfactory results keratin straightening. Predict the result is impossible.
The procedure can not only be performed in vain, but also damage the hair structure even more.
When the hormonal background of the woman comes back to normal (it usually happens after completion of breastfeeding), then keratin can be performed without fear of harming yourself or the baby.
Where to carry out the procedure
The cost of keratin hair straightening is not a cheap service. Its price is on average 5-6 thousand. Keratin formulations are sold in any professional stores, and some girls decide to carry out the procedure at home in order to save money. Professional formulations are more expensive, but their cost justifies the result.
It is rather difficult to cope independently with all stages of keratin straightening, because it requires a certain skill. If a pregnant girl does decide on keratin, the procedure should be carried out in salon conditions or with a proven master who can pick up a quality formaldehyde-free mask.
The room in which keratin will be held should be well ventilated. A pregnant woman should be able to move from time to time and knead her slack from long sitting legs. In working with keratin masters usually use special mobile hoods to remove and neutralize harmful gases and dust.
Keratin procedure has serious contraindications for its conduct during pregnancy.
Most keratin masks contain formaldehyde, a toxic substance whose vapors are capable of provoking allergic reactions, tearing, loss of consciousness, or harm to the health of the fetus.
Hormonal restructuring of the body of a pregnant woman does not guarantee that the composition will be absorbed into the hair or will not spoil them. A large selection of modern, and most importantly - sparing cosmetic products allow a pregnant woman to maintain the beauty of her hair without causing risks to the health of her unborn child.
Is it possible to do keratin straightening during pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a beautiful, but also a difficult period in the life of every woman. Future moms are very worried so as not to harm the baby by careless action, so they try to protect themselves from harmful food, household chemicals and medicines.
There are also a lot of questions about cosmetic procedures in such an “interesting position.” Often, girls are interested in whether it is possible to do keratin hair straightening. It has a positive effect on the state of hair, but does not harm such beauty to the future baby?
Features of keratin hair straightening in pregnant women
There are three types of keratin hair straightening:
- Brazilian is a standard method using formaldehyde masks,
- American - means without formaldehyde is used, but the effect is much weaker and keeps less,
- Japanese - with the use of cystamine, is also not suitable for pregnant women.
If the future mom really wants to do keratin straightening, then the American way can afford. But it is very important to choose a good master and a really high-quality mask.
During the classic Brazilian straightening, and the master, and the client, be sure to wear protective masks. Healthy non-pregnant woman is missing. But the future mom is not worth the risk, since a small part of formaldehyde can be absorbed through the scalp.
Also, a woman should take into account that during pregnancy hormones change, so the hair reaction to the procedure can be unpredictable. Usually, clients in the beauty salon immediately warn about it. It is possible that the hair does not even out or become the opposite more fluffy and curly.
Another problem related to the “interesting situation” is the forced long-term immobility. The procedure of straightening lasts about 4 hours, and all this time a woman will have to sit in the barber's chair.
During pregnancy, it is fraught with edema and the formation of blood clots.
If the future mommy is not afraid of all these problems, then she can try high-quality American keratin straightening, in a well-ventilated office and with periodic workouts for the legs.